Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Day After Christmas (a little late)

During a phone conversation with my mom this morning, we were talking about how there were four suicidal patients at the local hospital this weekend. It reminded me of how disappointing and sad it can be for some people after Christmas.
I think sometimes people can get so caught up in the wrong things during the Christmas season (I've been guilty too). When they've been so busy focusing on those things, there is a sadness when it's over.
While I was at Target today, there were a lot of disgruntled shoppers. I was thinking about how sad that was and all of a sudden the little boy next to me started singing Christmas carols in the cheeriest voice I've heard in quite awhile! I'm pretty sure that little boy didn't realize what a light God had made him to some of those people right then.

BP over on Raindrops & Rainbows posted this song on her blog:

The
Day After Christmas
It's about, well, the day after Christmas, of course.

The lyrics are posted so in case you miss it... he sings about the letdown after Christmas but also about how the Light of the world is still here. All day long, 365 days a year, He is here. Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...