Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday

I posted this last year after Good Friday. This year, I go into the day thanking Him for bearing my cross. Isn't He wonderful? Praying that you all have a blessed Easter weekend! -H


Original Post:


Good Friday, actually.
This is going to sound really odd.... mostly because I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember and I was baptized when I was 12. And of course have always celebrated Easter.

But this is the first year I really get it.
I mean really. truly. GET it.

I always "understood" Good Friday (but never really got what was so good about it).
The church we've been attending (yes, we are still looking for a home but like this one in the meantime....) celebrated Good Friday with a passover. (I was skeptical about it as well... but I looked to my Bible (and google) and am okay with it..http://www.gotquestions.org/Christians-celebrate-Passover.html).

And after the passover, he talked about the cross. Really talked about the cross. I, as usual, was carefully listening for any discrepancies between his version and the Bible's version.... the only one I feel is worth pointing out for anyone that was there... is that Jesus KNEW Peter would deny him (of course He knew) and told him he would do so three times before the rooster crows. So this was not a shock to Jesus. But I think his point was that it still stings. And that, I'm sure, is true.

I digress.

Anyway, he really talked about the cross. And I finally GOT it. The pain, the hurt, the sting, the beautiful, the wonderful, the saving cross.

Work has hurt really bad lately. It hurts to walk in the door. It stings to look at certain people in the building. It pains me to look at children and know I am powerless in keeping them safe.

But Jesus understands (of course He does).

He knows the pain. The hurt. The sting.

And that is beautiful. Wonderful.

That is the saving cross.

And my cross is easier to bear.

Because of Him.

I pray that you will have a beautiful, wonderful, blessed Easter with your family this weekend. I plan to have one with mine. Thanks to Him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...