Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

VEISHEA

I love VEISHEA. I've celebrated so many of the different parts of VEISHEA over the years, but one of my favorite VEISHEA activities (besides pancakes and cherry pies) are the horse rides after the parade. There's just something about illegally signing away a child's life that doesn't belong to you and seeing their face light up when they are on top of such a tall animal. We used to get to ride horses growing up. We had horses right outside our front door. We don't anymore so this is a fun way to get to share this experience with our niece and nephews. Without having to scoop poop. Ahhhhh VEISHEA.

(Sorry for the bad picture, but it's the only Cy sighting from the day!)

Maddox really enjoyed the Ames High Marching Band.
Two of our favorite girls got to join us (three counting their mama)!
Mo figuring out what the surprise that required her boots (vs flip flops) was- and very excited about it!

Both of them did such a great job and I think they really loved it!

Ahhhhh VEISHEA!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...