Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hey, Jesus!



Hey, Jesus! It's me, Heidi. Remember me?
That's about how small I felt last night. I was up late crying out to Jesus. Wondering if He had heard me lately. Questioning this two full-time job choice I'm taking on right now. Questioning if the steps we've been taking (that we felt like He's been pushing us in) were really the steps He was wanting us to take.

He answered this morning in the form of an email from a young woman. This 'stranger' told me she wants to be me when she grows up. Almost the same thing two 8th graders told me last week when I was feeling a little (okay lot) uncertain. And our little Compassion girl? In her last letter she told us she had been playing 'teacher' just like me.

Wow. What a reminder that people are watching and that we are to indeed 'walk worthy' of the calling to which we were called. (Eph 4:1, Col 1:10, 1 Thes 2:12)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...