Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 12th?


Is it really almost the middle of September already?

We've been up to much but not much to share. I have pictures to share from Labor Day weekend and from the ISU/Iowa game day but they aren't yet uploaded. So I'll just share about em and update the post later.....

We spent Labor Day weekend laboring but don't feel too bad for us, we had some fun too- Our family that's not really our family, invited us to crash their family get together. They are always so fun to be with. I always leave feeling loved.

We watched the ISU/Iowa game at our place with some good friends. Most of them were wearing the right colors but unfortunately it wasn't enough. We got a beat down. But that's okay, "ISU is a better academic school." ;)

As you can tell, well you can't yet but when I put up pictures you'll be able to, the more exciting game of the day was probably the bags game. Thus the empty lawn chairs in front of the tv. On the plus side, the weather was awesome- great day to be outside. And we got to have our first chili feed of the year. One major plus of fall.

Friday night (okay so I'm backtracking), our good friends brought over some dinner to us. I cant even describe what a blessing it was to have a last minute phone call asking if they could bring us food. Ummm hello. Of course! It was fabulous. They brought the dinner entertainment as well. I HAVE to post pictures of that here (soon, I promise!).

And in between we've been working and working some more. We're both back in the trenches, school is in full-force. We've been working hard on a big house project. It's coming together slowly but surely. R has been putting in lots of time on it! And I've been super booked with photography work. God is working in big ways. We have much to be thankful for.

We have huge week this week. I'm pretty excited and I cant wait to share more.

Have a blessed week! Keep your eyes on Him. (That was more of a reminder to self but not bad for any of us to try.)

How's that for a random post? ;)

__________________________________
Updated.
You probably don't care that I didn't have pictures up, but it will look nicer in my blog scrapbook if I do. ;)




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...