Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thanks

The other night, R&I were in the basement and (okay- most nights we've been down there- this night in particular.....) he saw our 'blessing calendar' from last year. He suggested we get it out. 'Not yet- it's too early,' I tell him.
But then I couldn't stop thinking about it. I have a quote taped to my work computer (yes- it's still on there) that says, "When you are tempted to complain, it's God inviting you to give thanks."
Yes, I need to give thanks!
And we have much to be thankful for.
Our home. family. each other. ableness. friends (really amazing friends!). clients. beautiful weather (oh it makes bus duty so much easier!). love. faith. dakota. life.
I could go on and on but I'm also thankful for sleep... and being almost 11:30, it's my shortest workday of the week so far. Good night!
(And maybe we'll change our Nov. calendar to the Oct & Nov calendar!) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...