Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

10 on Tues 11/8

1. I'm thankful that R is always on board with the blessings calendar. It was fun pulling last year's out as we were setting it up for this year. Finding this one of R's about being thankful for me doing the 30 for 30 made me smile (actually a LOT of them made me smile which is why I love doing it).


2. Massages. R is getting really good about just giving unsolicited foot/leg massages. I wonder if the way my feet, legs, hands, face (who am I kidding.... EVERY inch of my swollen body) looks has anything to do with that. You can still see some swollen piggies in this picture but I spared you the color version that showed off my purpleness. Yuck. But what a blessing! :)   (R affectionately tells me I look like the Michelin man.)



3. Brown boxes at the front door. Ohmygoodness Thursday started out rough. I had a not great Drs appointment and was whining to R about it. I had decided to sit around and feel sorry for myself for the afternoon. R was home for lunch before conferences started and the UPS man showed up. We opened up the absolute best package for Baby H. It completely made my day!!! I would show you all the fun details that made me smile but they have Baby H's name on them. (I know.... I told you it's slipped out a few times. There are a couple people that know it. R was saying how cool the stuff was then went, "WAIT, how does she know his name?!" haha. Oops....) I will definitely have to show you the fun details on these goodies once R lets us start sharing his name! :)

4. I'm thankful R has a job that he loves. And I love talking to him about his work. PE teachers get a bad rep but he works harder and cares more than any PE teacher I have ever met. (By the way CD people, did you know Zeons and Zoraxes was a made up game? I didn't!)
Last week he had conferences and his principal hosted a Christmas party afterwards. I'm thankful I got to get the Christmas dish out for it as I'm not sure we'll make it to many Christmas gatherings this year. (I'm also thankful for the cheesecake stuffed strawberry recipe found via pinterest. Quick, easy and yum!)




5. Since it was conference week, R had the day off and we got to hang out all day Friday. We've been into 'progressive dinners' lately (anyone want to host part of one at their house? I'm thinking it would be a good time!). We did appetizers at Fongs. We tried to check out Miyabi 9 (have you been? I hear it's good!) but they closed before we got there (they close between lunch and dinner). We ended up doing Waterfront Sushi instead. (I'm slowly converting R. He actually loves it now!) We were thinking cheesecake factory for dessert but even after A LOT of walking around the mall I still wasn't hungry for it so we grabbed lemon meringue pie to go from Perkins and had it later. I'm thankful that R and I got to spend (almost) the entire day hanging out. It was much needed.







6. I'm thankful for the neighbor girls. Or 'almost neighbor girls' as the youngest one says. They stopped by Saturday and entertained me with some great stories and theories about life. :) As we were getting them ready to go out the door they decided they wanted to look at the cookbooks. I told them they could pick out a recipe and I would be sure to have the ingredients for it next time they were over so we could make it. They picked one out that they thought we might just have ingredients for already. Turns out they were right so they ended up calling mom and staying for treats too (right before dinner... that's bad, isn't it?!). They are quite the little chefs!



7. I'm thankful for the great weather we've had. It's November and I worked on craft projects (Christmas ones actually) outside while wearing a t-shirt. It was beautiful out! (Granted, I've had more than the normal body heat lately and even R was wearing a sweatshirt but it was still awesome out!)




8. I'm thankful for 'fall back' this weekend. We had called into the Drs office with some questions and she sent us in to the hospital. (It was definitely not a huge concern, she just wanted them to monitor me and Baby for awhile. Had it not been a weekend, we probably would have just went to the office.) We were there longer than we thought we might be and ended up not getting home until 2:30 am. The 'extra' hour of sleep was nice!
And I'm thankful that R changed all the clocks this time. I didn't even have to think about it!




9. I'm thankful that Baby H is still perfectly happy and healthy and that the nurses at our hospital are so wonderful! Being there again this weekend got me really excited to go back soon!

10. I'm thankful for God's grace. He really does have perfect timing- and is so good at teaching me about patience. We've been church hopping for a few months now. I kept praying we would find something we both liked before Baby H's arrival (something about church hopping with a newborn doesn't sound fun to me). I'd been getting discouraged with it. We went to one of the last couple on our list this weekend and we both really liked it! We'll definitely be going back to it again which is progress.


R's list for the week (his are by days and the ones going in the actual calendar. I'm sticking ones in the calendar too, just putting the long versions of them here and sticking with the 10 on Tues instead of just doing 7 for the week):
1. Great weather
2. Insurance
3. Good job
4. Days off to spend with my wife
5. ISU win (barely)
6. Healthy Baby & healthy H
7. My wife

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...