Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

10 on Tuesday (Nov. style)

Happy November!!! I have a feeling it's going to be a great month!

A couple Novembers ago, we started doing the Blessings Calendar (check out the calendar here). It's been a great way for us to keep track of all we have to be thankful for. (And you may remember me talking about the blessings jar. It's happening!)

So 10 on Tuesday November Style..... 10 things I'm currently thankful for.

1. A husband with a closet full of clothes he never wears that I can dig into..... because even the maternity shirts are too short right now (it's that darn long torso, I swear!).

 2. A baby belly too big for maternity shirts. There was a time I thought we'd never see this side of the miracle. And then a time we thought we'd never make it this far. I'm so thankful our little mister is growing so well in his current home!

3. A bed that's made in the above picture. Lately the house work has been less than a priority.

4. My new blanket. LOVE it. I really wanted the Pottery Barn Sherpa blanket but at $100 that was out of the question. When we found this $16 version I almost squealed with excitement. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it... but it came from Menards.   : )


5. Time to snuggle up under said blanket. I've just learned that I have to force myself to sit with my feet up or it is not good by the end of the day. I'm thankful I can make the time to do that.

6. Friends. I've been blessed to catch up with some good friends this week. I've also been blessed to receive a surprise package in the mail from a blog friend. R (still) does not understand the whole blog world thing so he's always shocked when someone we've not yet met in real life loves on us and our little guy. We are so blessed! (PS- she's from Texas and thought he could use a little cowboy hat in his life!) :)  Oh and YES those are 0-3 month jeans! Woo hoo!! :)


7. Our home. I know we have about a hundred things to do on our house list but I really do love our home and am so thankful everyday for it. Almost daily, I look at something in awe that we did with our own hands and I just smile. So you could look at this picture taken out our front door and see columns that we never finished painting... but I see a front porch perfect for trick-or-treaters. Something we missed out on living in the apartment world.



8. Pinterest. Because of easy recipes like this baked potato soup one.


9. Popcorn balls. And the memories that come with them. (or as pictured, a bowl of popcorn goodness I ate way too much of before forming into balls.


10. NOVEMBER!!! I kept saying I wanted Baby H to wait until November to make his big debut and he has! Way to go, little guy!!



"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." - 1 Chronicles 16:34


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...