Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

39 Weeks and Counting.....

As we get closer to bringing Baby H home, it's becoming more real to me that this big belly wont be a part of my life in the near future. Just the other day, R was looking at old photos and said, "I had forgotten what you looked like before! I'm gonna miss this." And as incredibly excited that we are to meet Baby H, I think I'm gonna miss this too.



Some Bump Memories:

Best Day of Pregnancy: The day after we found out we would be welcoming Baby H to the family. We were climbing Dunns River Falls in Ochos Rios, Jamaica. God was speaking loud and clear to us that day as it became real Baby H was a part of us. All of a sudden life just made sense.

Worst Day (weekend?) of Pregnancy: The day of my SIL's college graduation party. We at Mexican for dinner (and I don't think I'll ever be able to eat it again). I had a migraine all evening but we really wanted to stay and spend as much time with her as possible so I stuck it out. On the way home, I threw the car door open at a quick 55+ mph and started vomiting out the side. As R tried to pull over (and I thought we had slowed down enough, I started to step out and my foot and leg dragged through the gravel (ouch!). I proceeded to vomit (with a migraine) the next 12+ hours. I popped several blood vessels in my body (especially in my face and around my eyes). The following day was Mother's Day. We had plans to go to church, R's nephew's bball game then we were going to eat lunch with his family. We got through most of that but by lunch time I was about dead again and we headed home and started the vomiting again. I am so thankful though that it was Mother's Day and that we did go to church that morning because the last few Mothers Days had been hard to get through church services for. As miserable as I was, I was so, so thankful!

Biggest Surprise: The wide assortment of symptoms that people don't talk about. And the just plain weird symptoms. Also, I was hoping for that beautiful pregnancy glow, gorgeous hair symptom. It escaped me. I've been shedding since day 1 and I already have the 'baby bangs' that I thought weren't supposed to be here until baby. I cant imagine what it will be like after delivery!

Biggest Surprise to R: My body temp. Before the bump I was cold all the time. Now it's R who is cold because I am SO HOT all the time. And I sweat now. A lot. All the time.

Weight Gain: 60 lbs (so far.) I never thought I'd be catching up to R in the weight category.

Cravings: Everything! I'm hungry all the time (which explains the weight gain). The weirdest craving though is McDonald's Hamburgers. I honestly do not remember ever having one in my life before! I used to eat McDonald's as a kid but I'm pretty sure I stuck to McNuggets back then. One day I just HAD to have a McDonald's hamburger. It was the most bizarre thing. Since then I've had several! (too many!)

Some of My Favorite Things: The way R interacts with Baby H. It is so sweet. The way my niece and nephew already treat my belly like their little cousin. Mo is always telling me she found something special for him and she cant wait to hold him and help change his diapers. Madd is always putting his ear up to my belly then telling me what Baby H has to say. (He's even mentioned that our baby is hungry for McDonald's so he must actually be able to hear him!) :)

As Far as Dakota is Concerned: He completely knows something is up. I've read that it makes sense because they're baby making animals too. He's also started having some very overprotective days where he wont sleep and wont leave me alone for a second. Mom (I think jokingly) said maybe he's a blood pressure dog but the more we see this happening the more that makes sense! It definitely has been correlating with when my blood pressure is sky high! (Maybe he's just trying to figure out who I am though because he doesn't recognize me from my face being swollen so huge?) He recognizes baby's name and sniffs my belly quite often. When we say, "Go say hi to your brother" he comes and lays his head on my belly. For the record, I NEVER thought I'd be saying these things about a dog. But I also never thought I'd have an inside dog that was a part of the family. :)


I'm Wearing: Just a couple pairs of maternity pants. I bought a pair of jeans and my mom bought me a pair of grey skinnies. I also have a couple pairs of pants that were borrowed from friends. I have barely any maternity shirts and they are actually too short to cover my belly right now! (I have a long torso.) I sleep in R's shorts because even my pajama pants are too tight now.

It's been: 274 days. And counting.....





Baby H, it has been an absolute miracle to be able to carry you and I am SO thankful to have been given the blessing... but... your mama and daddy are ready to meet you now, little mister. Please come see us soon!!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...