Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

B Update

I know I'm so going to wake a sleeping baby by blogging right now....  but here we go anyway....

Everyone keeps asking how the little guy is doing and my wrote response is 'great!' I've been SO bad at replying to messages and typically when I do, I'm on my phone so it's short and sweet. Several of you have asked about coming to visit and we would LOVE to see you! If I haven't gotten back to you, email me again. (Things were just so crazy busy with visitors in the beginning that I didn't have dates to send out to people. We are a little more free now though so let me know when you can come!)

He really is a good baby but I still haven't gotten much done around here to show for it. Our house is a mess. I'm on an every day and a half shower schedule. I haven't even attempted to try on anything other than maternity clothes. And the laundry piles are huge. But life is so good right now!

B sleeps between 3 and 4 hours at night (until I publish this post then I'm sure he'll be awake all night!). We were struggling with the nursing at night in the beginning. At night, he was too sleepy to nurse and I was too tired to help him. He screamed. I cried. Right away we switched game plans and I started pumping and bottle feeding through the night and nursing through the day. It has worked out so much better for us! I'm a little nervous about starting back to work more often because on the rare occasion that he gets a bottle during the day, he's a lazy nurser and we have to work at it again the next couple feedings. We have been praying since before he was born that he would be a good nurser and we keep saying that same prayer! I wouldn't call nursing easy but he does do a pretty good job!

His official weight yesterday (right after a dirty diaper even) was 7lbs 14.5oz so over 10oz more than where they wanted him! That was great news! Also, he was 22" long at the two week check. He is 25% for weight and 90% for height. Nearly all the Drs comment on how tall and skinny he is! That paired with his big hands and feet get him a lot of comments about what a great basketball player he will be. You know his daddy eats that right up but we always remind him he can choose to play whatever sports and do whatever activities he wants (as long as its not wrestling... ha).  His head is right on track with his weight and is at 25%.

He is going to the family dr here in town and I'm already thankful that we ended up making that our final decision. It was so hard to decide what to do but in the end, I think this is what works best for us. It's already proven to be a great choice and the ladies at the office are so great with him. Everyone loves on him and he's pretty much a celebrity already- they get us checked in as soon as they see us pull in the drive. Makes me feel good that he's not just another patient but that they actually know us!

Well I'm probably pressing my luck so I better get off the computer (I actually did get some cbh work done though!). I'll leave you with a B picture from a week ago. He's already changed so much since then!!




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...