Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

B's Favorite Things

Last year around this time (or actually quite a bit earlier) I posted about my favorite things and gift ideas. It's funny how my favorite things have changed so much in a year and that my favorite things this year are kind of more like B's favorite things. (Or at least I'm sure they would be if he could tell me.)

1.) MamaRoo




'It moves like you do' is their big selling point. It sounds gimmicky but the thing really is awesome. B is pretty content in it and likes the different settings for different things. (Some of them put him to sleep!) B's big cousin, Maddox, liked the iPod dock feature and said, "Your baby is gonna love this." He was so right! Mama loves it too. And about everyone that comes to the house asks about the thing (Ang could vouch for this, haha). We drag this thing all over the house but the two most popular spots are by the computer (while I edit) and next to the upstairs tree (while we're up there). I love when it's by the tree because it almost looks like it's under the tree so I love the reminder of B under the tree and that he's the only gift we need around here this year! (Corny much?) ;)


2.) Aden & Anais Swaddling wraps for 77 Kids














So they don't have to be the 77 Kids brand (which is good because they style B has are all sold out but they did have pretty rockin' choices) but the Aden & Anais wraps are the best. I wasn't sure how much I would use them in the winter (they're light weight so I thought they might be more of a summer staple) but they are just perfect for swaddling and we are pretty sad when all of his end up in the dirty laundry at the same time.


 3.) Medela iBreastfeed App on the iPhone



(I should have taken my own screenshot and posted it but my phone is upstairs right now.)

There are a lot of baby trackers out there. I had downloaded several to check out before B was born (and even a paid one that I've still never got to work!! Ugh!). This one is my favorite.  I like how it lets me track multiple activities at the same time (through the night, it's common for me to pump while R gives B a bottle). I like the way you can log activities so easily and time activities so easily. My family was making fun of me for tracking B's every move the first couple weeks of his life but it was SO helpful. Seriously- who can remember what time baby ate last when everyone is sleep deprived? When baby is real tiny and you're still figuring out his different cries and hunger signals, the app is helpful in checking to see how long it's been since a certain activity and if that might be what he needs.
At 5 weeks, I no longer track every single activity but I do still use the feeding timer (it's great because now that he is more social he sometimes pulls off to stop and smile at me. I LOVE that he does that but this distraction of his makes it hard to tell if he's done eating or not. Usually the timer is a good indicator for me.) I also time pumping sessions (which is great in the middle of the night when I'm barely awake in a mostly dark room).

And yes... this 'favorite' may be more mine than his but when this screen is up it means eating time for him so I'm sure he loves it too! ;)



So those (along with B's pacifier) are some of our favorite things right now. What's topping your list?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...