Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dear Beckett,
(Sorry blog world, I promise I'll stop with the letters to Beckett soon and acknowledge you again. Maybe...)
I'm holding you in my arms right now. I just had to run to the computer and write to  you before I forgot how this moment made me feel. On your one month birthday (right now!), you and I were snuggling on the couch just looking at each other. We were studying each other's faces very carefully and at the same time we smiled at each other. I know it might have just been gas for you but it really filled my heart anyway. You are the sweetest, most amazing thing. My heart swells with love when I see your face or say your name or just think about you. For the life of me, I cant remember what life was like without you in it. You've always been a part of daddy & me's stories- we just didn't know it. And as much as we tried to imagine, we certainly didn't know what an amazing part of it you would be. Everyday I love you so much more- and I didn't even know that was possible. I cannot believe you've been here an entire month already. And at the same time, I cant believe you've only been here a month. Seeing you smiley and snuggly, ready for bed after a great day is my life's biggest accomplishment. I used to dream about who you might be or what you might be like but now I know that whatever you do in life, I'll love you so much anyway. Thank you for giving me and daddy the most amazing month of our lives little guy. We love you so, so much.
Love, Your Mama

Now we need to go find your month by month photo cards and take your picture. A very special friend gave them to us and I put them away in a very safe spot--- that I cant remember....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...