Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Under construction

When we moved here we were the only ones living on the street. Slowly more have moved in and there are currently 7 of us on the block. There hadn't been anything new up in over a year. It was kind of nice not having a muddy street from construction.
This week though four lots were marked off for building.
Four! And one is our next door neighbor. Aka right outside the baby's window. I thought he'd have fun watching them excavate yesterday but when I showed him he got really sad and kept shaking his head no. I don't blame him. I felt the same way. But I put on my mommy face and told him it was fun. He wasn't 100% convinced but clapped anyway. Then proceeded to watch for over an hour. He was the happiest once they were done.
Sad about it or not, I think this could provide hours of entertainment in the coming months so we'll take it.
And if your looking for a new house (and your good neighbor quality of course) come to our street! Looks like there will be plenty available soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...