Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

'twas a few nights before Christmas...

....and we were all going stir crazy.

We were bummed our baby was sick. Bummed to miss Christmas celebrations. And bummed about being either locked up in the house or stuck in a Dr's office or hospital all week.

We were ready to leave the house. Even B would point to the door and do his sign for 'let's go!' whenever he got the chance. He was ready to bust out of here!


R's family rents cabins at the lake to stay in for Christmas. We hadn't planned on going since B had been sick but R just asked the Dr to see if she thought we were crazy for even considering it. She actually said it'd probably be good for all of us so we went! (She was likely thinking of our mental health as we called her late the night before in a panic that we overdosed our baby! Yikes!)

We had our own cabin so B was in quarantine while R and I took turns escaping (I mean leaving) and it worked out okay. Not great but okay. B was exhausted and had a hard time sleeping after the steroids and the breathing treatments but I'm glad we went.

I can say that now since B and I are just waking up from naps. ;)

I am sure if B knew he was missing out on cousin time in the next cabin over he would have been pretty mad with us so I guess this is a great age for him to be at if he has to be sick around Christmas time.


On the way over we were trying hard to get rid of our bah humbug attitudes so Rusty McElfin and I wore our Christmas cheer and he made up a reindeer game- if anyone was squashing Christmas cheer the other person could slap them in the face. Baby excluded. (Of course.)
R won for having the most Christmas spirit. It was a close race and he barely squeaked by when he showed up in the party cabin sporting an ugly Christmas sweater and Jordan shorts. But I'm glad to report I didn't earn a single slap. :)

On the other hand it's a good thing B wasn't in on the game.

My camera sat unused for the weekend- every time I pulled it out the poor kid screamed so the Kodak moments were few and far between. I did get a phone shot of our cheery commute and our front porch view as the sun was coming up.

And even though we didn't get enough time to hang out with everyone, we still had a good time! Movie night at the cabins is always fun!

Merry Christmas Eve, Eve!


Bonus!! I found one more iPhone shot. B's aunt Mal Mal had given him a super fun gift. He was so growly and not real friendly while she was visiting his cabin but after she left he slowly snuck down off the couch and wanted to check it out. He did actually have some fun while we were there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...