Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Checking In

I think my New Year's post is scheduled to go up early tomorrow but I thought I'd check in with a quick update before that.

Since my last post, R & I have both had a stomach bug and B has some sort of something going on that we aren't really sure what it is (swollen face, hands & feet; goopy eyes; red splotchy skin). It doesn't seem to be bothering him and two Drs have said he's likely still fighting off something viral and to let it run it's course so for now we're still hanging out in quarantine at home with our little guy that looks like he lost a pretty tough fight.

Other than that we are doing better and I think we are finally on the mend!!

As we keep getting hit financially and medically this month, I cant help but hurt for friends and family who have fought tougher battles this year.

I hope you and your family have had nothing but pure joy in 2012 but if you haven't, I pray that you will have a better 2013!

As I think about my friends and family still walking through the fire right now, I think of Romans 12.

'Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.'



Joyful in hope.

The last couple years the word joy just seemed to follow me around as a gentle reminder to keep choosing joy even when I didn't feel like it. Even when holding onto the tiniest piece of hope... choose joy. Be joyful.

Patient in affliction.

I've been struggling with this one this month. Patience (as well as tempers and money) have all been running short around here and I could use some prayer myself in this area. I've been repeating this verse, emphasis on the patience part, hoping I'll get it down soon!

Faithful in prayer.

I'm so thankful for my faithful prayer warriors. And I'd love to be a prayer warrior for you too. If you haven't updated me with your specific prayer requests lately, I'd love for you to email them to me. My notes list of prayer request is a little outdated in places! And if you just stumbled upon the Hickstionary today and you need prayer, you can shoot me an email too! I'd love to hear from you.

Happy 2013 y'all!! Here's to a joyful, patience filled, faithful year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...