Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

signed and sealed but not delivered


Do you do Christmas cards? We have tried to get one out each year since we've been married. A couple of years we got them printed then only handed them out to people we saw around that time of the year.

This year is starting to look a lot like Christmas' past.....



Last year I was on the ball. I had the envelopes addressed and stamped and the cards designed before B was even born. All that was left to do was insert a couple pictures and send them to the printer!



This year I had the best of intentions....


Isn't that the way it goes?

I had our cards designed months ago and just needed to insert the perfect picture (you know, after taking the perfect picture). Once we finally got around to getting a picture taken, my hard drive crashed and the pictures were gone. Bummer. We had kind of decided against cards at that point.

But then.

Beckett won a Halloween costume contest! We obviously think the kid is cute and apparently Pear Tree Greetings agreed (and gifted us $150 to use on Christmas cards to prove it).



So we had to redo a family mini-shoot (more on that later) then we (okay, I) picked out some super cute cards on Pear Tree and ordered $150 worth.



If you're thinking that looks like a lot of work, you'd be correct. We were only slightly scrooges by the end of the process. It's amazing what hot chocolate and some Christmas movies can do for the mood.

We're sending out a few versions of the Hicks family Christmas card this year but I'll post my favorite version if it ever makes it out in the mail once it makes it out in the mail. Which will hopefully be soon!

Don't you love checking the mailbox this time of year? :)


PS- Have you checked out postable? It's a great online address book. If you haven't already done it for me, could you update your contact info? THANKS MUCH!  https://www.postable.com/heidihicks




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...