Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Tour Blog Hop




The Holiday Tour of Homes is over on Kelly's Korner today. The last time I participated in this link up was in 2009 and as I'm looking at that post, a lot of our Christmas decorations are the same. I don't mind though- since they're only out one month a year, I don't get sick of them!

Here are the few updates:

My favorite new decoration this year are the stockings. Last year my friend got B his stocking from Pottery Barn. This year I splurged and got R & I matching ones. Poor Dakota still has his tiny stocking that looks even smaller now that ours are so big.
The little wooden drawer on the kitchen counters is a new addition from my MIL. I stuck the candy cane jar in it and added it to the line up of Christmas goodies. I love the little Christmas tag on it. The giant star is just painted yard sticks glued together. It covers a lot of space for a project that cost less than $3!


Our entry way chalkboard isn't a new addition but I was inspired to add a little wreath to it (you know you've seen the many chalkboard examples on pinterest!). The Merry & Bright is on the same chalkboard banner that said 'Happy Birthday' for B's party and 'Give Thanks' for Thanksgiving. I love how it can be changed all year long! It's c/o What's Your Sign Designs. Go check it out on Etsy!

Our little trees with our personal ornaments are getting more and more ornaments each year. This year's newest ornament was hand picked by B. He is SO into tractors this year so this was the perfect ornament for him. He typically leaves all the tree ornaments alone... except for this one. He loves it!


We've also added a few decorations in the basement family room since the last tour but getting good pictures of those would require me to pick up all the toys and keep them picked up while I shoot. That's hard to do with the B meister around so here's the only shot I have of our downstairs tree.  And the little sweetie hanging out by it. 


Merry Christmas, blog hoppers!! Hope you are all having a great Christmas season!


You can check out our 2009 tour below and the 2012 Tour of Homes at Kelly's Blog!

Christmas
Kelly's "Show Us" on the 18th is Christmas decorations. I LOVE the sights and sounds (especially the sounds) of Christmas. And in honor of a snow day today (12/8), I decided to participate in Kelly's "Show Us" (it's been awhile since I last joined in!). Welcome to our house, with a little Christmas O'lishious thrown in.
(I know.... I can't believe we don't own a nativity scene either. We only buy Christmas decorations on clearance and I've yet to find a nice, clearance one).

Merry Christmas!





























LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...