Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

30 for 30

In case you didn't know, I'm turning 30 this year. I know it's not a big deal but it's a nice round number and I like nice round numbers. They are really swell for bloggy purposes too.

So here's my first 30 for 30 on the 30th.......

30 things to do before 30. It's coming up super fast and my resources are kinda limited for doing anything too crazy but I think this list is doable.

1. Run a 5k.
2. Get a runner's high.
3. Visit my college stomping grounds. (Anyone want to join?) :)
4. Bring Scratch Cupcakes to my town. (Oh it's so happening.)
5. Start a play date group in my town.
6. Like one that actually gets together.
7. Hop in the car for an unplanned day trip.
8. Write thank you's to 30 people I used to know.
9. Find a fall Bible study to commit to.
10. Commit to it.
11. Introduce someone to Christ.
12. Cry with a stranger.
13. Stick to my weekly cleaning schedule.
14. Forgive myself if I don't.
15. Take B to the zoo at least 5 times.
16. And the 'big pool.'
17. Play more.
18. Worry less.
19. Unplug.
20. Take a day for myself.
21. Spend a day with a friend.
22. Complete 30 random acts of kindness.
23. Memorize Romans 12.
24. Listen to the life stories of at least 3 'strangers.'
25. Show R some of my favorite places from growing up.
26. Get my hair cut.
27. Dye my own hair........ (ohmygosh is this even possible? anyone want to help me out?) :)
28. Find a 'running' buddy.
29. Make a new friend.
30. Love more.


Wish me luck. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...