Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chaos

cha⋅os

/ˈkeɪɒs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [key-os] –noun
1. a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
2. any confused, disorderly mass


As I was standing in the hall in between classes today, a teacher new to our building looked frazzled. Knowing she was assigned to assist with school pictures today, I asked how pictures where going. She said it was the most chaotic thing she had ever seen.

Chaos.

Total lack of organization or order. Chaos.

At work, I am not at all okay with chaos. I feel the need to be in control and organized (okay, maybe not the top of my desk, but everywhere else). I hate the feeling of uncertainty. The feeling of being devoid control. Chaos.

Do you ever feel your life is chaotic? Do you ever feel like you are not in control? Do you ever feel like you are living in chaos?

God says don't.

Psalm 46:10 -"Be still, and know that I am God."

He tells us to be still.

He tells us what we see as chaotic, is actually His plan.

Proverbs 21:1- "....Like the rivers of water, He turns it wherever He wishes."

Like the rivers of the water. Chaotic? No. His plan? Yes.

What looks random and chaotic to us is His work.

Lord, Help me take comfort knowing my apparent chaos is under the direction of Your hand. Amen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...