Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Perfect Gift

Have you ever actually received a perfect gift?

I have.

I remember initially receiving the gift a long time ago. I sat in the basement office of my childhood church. My mom was there. The pastor offered me a quarter. He said it wasn't a gift unless I kept it. He compared it to God's gift to me.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

His Son. What a gift of sacrifice. His Grace. What a gift of love.

He loves us. He wants us to be in heaven with Him. He gave us this gift.

It's not a gift unless we accept it. We can't return it or regift it (or store it in the giver's basement).

It is a perfect gift.

Have you received any perfect gifts lately?


This is part 2 in my attempt to organize my thoughts on His grace.
Read part 1 here. And part 3 here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...