Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

(One of the) Best Week(s) Ever!!

This week was one of the best weeks ever! And I took a lot of pictures.....


It started with our family reunion. The Green Family Reunion is always the 2nd Sunday of August every year. My grandma Helen was a Green and these are her remaining siblings (out of the original 13).


It cant be a best week ever without getting some craft time in. I worked on kitchen curtains and some other projects that I wanted to get done this summer.


It was also my birthday week. My sister brought Maddox and some of our cousin's kids up to stay the night. In honor of my birthday week, they brought a Cheesecake Factory Banana Cream Cheese Cake. Yum!


Have I mentioned before that Maddox likes to help??? He spent more time washing our dishes last week than I did.

That evening we went bowling. I almost lost to Maddox (2yo) and Amanda (6yo) but thankfully Andrew (11yo) finished my 10th frame for me and I squeaked by the younger ones. Whew!




I got another early birthday present from Rusty. A fire pit! We've always wanted one and this was the perfect night to use it!

Andrew (aka Bear) helped Rusty put it together. Andrew says he is going to start his own show, Man Vs. Wild, Front Porch Edition.




The next morning, Amanda & Maddox were busy. They jumped on the bed, then played with play dough.

Dakota rested.....

The big kids rested too.....

Amanda & Maddox showed off some of their creations...


.....then jumped on the bed again.....


We spent the afternoon swimming.

Maddox did not like the rest breaks. But he LOVED the big water slides. He kept saying, "Again, Again!"

Friday, Rusty & I spent my actual birthday at the State Fair. We went to watch our friends' brother play in the talent show.

Some of his nephews came to sit with us. There were a lot of acts... we waited....
...and waited.....
until it was finally Jay's turn! He did great!

And Rusty & I ended up spending the rest of the day and evening at the fair. It was hot, sticky, and a lot of fun. We are trying to enjoy what's left of our (one of the best) week(s) (ever) before having to go back to work on Monday. I can't believe summer is already over!! It really is my favorite time of year!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...