Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Complaint About Complaining


One day I logged into facebook only to see a status that kicked me right in the stomach.

"wish I could knock that girl out. If only I wasn't pregnant."

Uh. Excuse me?



Once I picked my jaw up off my keyboard, I was pretty offended by it. I mean, I can (barely) take the complaints about nausea and bratty kids and needing a break from all those bratty kids that made them nauseated for 9 months. But wishing you weren't pregnant so you could knock someone out. Really?

Then quickly, I was reminded of how often I've complained about my job. About my dirty house. About my burnt dinner. About my annoying amazing husband.

How many people do those complaints kick right in the stomach? The unemployed. The homeless. The hungry. The widow. And the list of people I've offended is as long as that list of complaints.

"When you feel like complaining, it's God inviting you to give thanks."

That's the quote I read on my work computer. I guess I need to post it in a few more places.

Starting with facebook.


"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5:18

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...