Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Orchestra

No. Not that orchestra. This orchestra. The Hickstionary Orchestra.

The one that's been pretty fun. Pretty crazy. Pretty exciting. Pretty unexpected. Sometimes pretty traumatic. At times pretty devastating. But always pretty darn good.

But some of those pretty traumatic times have taken their toll. We were talking about those times last week. And as we were, a trusted mentor asked me if I thought God orchestrated that [one particular] incident. The question caught me off guard but it's one I've heard before.
"Does God make bad things happen to His people?"

In a short, my answer is no. No, God doesn't do bad things. God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

But God is in control.

And sometimes He's opening doors for me and I do everything I can to ignore them. I run the other way. I close my eyes to them. I stay in my comfort zone. I ignore Him.

God knows I'm a slow learner. And He's good at rocking my comfort zone and making it less... well, comfortable. He's shut some doors on me and made it pretty clear as to where I'm not supposed to be. He's opened some doors to some other options. A few, actually. And He tells me it's okay. It's okay to trust in Him.

Just trust.

And let Him orchestrate.

Because all of the orchestra. The fun. The crazy. The exciting. The unexpected. The traumatic. The devastating. The good. It all works together for the good of His kingdom. And He's definitely leading it.

And it is good.

Pretty darn good, indeed.


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." -Romans 8:28

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...