Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Oh no. I'm so sad."




Last weekend, when Maddman was here, a storm came through. We had 70+ mph winds with tornadoes nearby. Needless to say, we were all up in the middle of the night listening to all the debris slam against the house. Maddox was so afraid, but not for himself. He just wanted Dakota up in bed with us so he would be safe. So R, Maddox, Dakota, and I were all piled into the bed. (It was short-lived though, Dakota knows better and jumped down as soon as Maddox would let him.)
We were blessed to only have minimal damage. Our porch was rearranged. The neighbor's trampoline found a new spot. Part of our sideboard blew off. (Thankfully Gabe had recently fixed our siding!) But the bean bags forgotten in the yard from yard games were left untouched. (Oh, and someone cashed in on the bag of cans out in the street.)
When Maddox looked out the window in the morning, he said, "Oh no. I'm so sad." I suppose it was the thought of the neighbor kids not having their trampoline though because on the way to church when we saw huge trees down, roots ripped out of the ground, trees on houses, and on broken power lines his response was, "Whoah!"
Last I heard on the news tonight there were just a couple houses left without power.
Makes me so thankful for the AC and the power that runs it this time of year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...