Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Mo's Party

I had been procrastinating on posting Mo's party pics because I couldn't find them..... I have no idea where the memory card is with her party pictures on it. So these couple that I pulled for 365 will have to do.

Morgan requested chocolate cake. Pink and purple balloons. And Taylor Swift.
The first two were easy peasy.
Taylor Swift. Well. Turns out she's pretty busy and hard to get for a 5 year old's birthday party.
We improvised with microphone cakes (she had a Hannah Montana guitar last year so we couldn't redo the guitar cake) and a Taylor Swift dance party. Morgan and Maddox decorated the microphone cupcakes 98% on their own. I decorated a little purple cake for Mo, we put a microphone on it. And Mo & Maddman got to decorate their very own cake. I have some awesome pictures of it and as soon as I find them I'll post them. The cake was pretty amazing! :)
We grilled out, did cake and presents, then Mo had a swimming lesson. It was fun to watch her with the kids in her group. (I got pictures there too I want to post! Ugh, memory card!)
After lessons it was back to grandma's house to check out some of the birthday presents. She is already very good at the camera we got her. (Ah. I bet SHE has some great birthday party pictures!) And she got her very own real guitar. She's already gone through 3 (4?) Hannah Montana guitars.
She's definitely a rockstar.
And she's crafty too. Those birthday hats? Made by Morgan! (And she so lovingly handed them out and made sure everyone had the chance to wear a birthday hat.)
I love this little girl!




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...