Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Holly's Shower

Holly's wedding shower was a couple weeks ago back home. The big Vegas wedding is THIS month and the reception will be down home in August.
The shower was a Pampered Chef shower. I love Pampered Chef bridal showers because there's time to socialize and there's no need for the circle of everyone watching the gift opening. I remember at my wedding shower everyone was so generous and the gifts were really great. I really did love them all but it was so embarrassing because afterwards I realized I said, "OH I just LOVE it!" after about every gift I opened. I guess I didn't think about other things to say when you open a gift (I really did love them all though!).
Yes, we used the cliche shower snack trays and punch glasses. I like them 100x better than paper. Even if they are cliche. :)

Pampered Chef sells an apron that you can use as a sign in but this is just one I made. Not as fancy but a lot cheaper and more personalized. The 'chargers' are actually just textured scrapbook paper.

Instead of a card basket, we had guests bring a recipe to share with Holly. Rusty might argue that this recipe is not the best meatloaf recipe ever, but this recipe has a lot more meaning behind it to the bride than Rusty's favorite meatloaf recipe.

Next time you see Holly, ask her what Peggy's note means...
Oh and do you notice the blob? Mo & Maddman were helping me set up the day before.... They signed in for the party too! :)

The lovely Pampered Chef Queen. (She demonstrated veggie pizza, of course!)

Quick slideshow I put together of Holly & Andrew's engagement pictures.

From Holly's yard. I want.

We played two quick games. Andrew's sister was in charge of that department (you know how bad I am at planning shower games!). The center pieces doubled as favors for the guests.


We were so excited Aunt Diana was in town for the shower!

Recognize the littlest in the picture? I'll be seeing her again next month for 6 month pictures. Hard to believe she'll be 6 months already. It will be her 3rd visit for pictures!

Orange Wedding Shower Punch:
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
64 oz apricot nectar juice
1/2 box orange sherbet
2 L sprite or 7up


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...