Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby Wearing

Two baby posts in a row? Am I really turning into a mommy blogger?

Since the post sharing a page from B's scrapbook, I've had several people ask me about the wrap picture. Two of whom were shocked to see me baby wearing. I promise I haven't turned into a breast feeding, baby wearing hippie. Even though I'm breast feeding, baby wearing, and wearing hippie looking headbands. 

Ahem. 

Back to the wraps.

I know it looks like a Moby but given our new financial state you know R isn't letting me buy one of those things (oh but I tried, I really did!). 
I did have enough budget money to make a couple wraps though. 

Here's what I did- (I promise you can do it too. All you need is fabric and a pair of scissors!)

Purchase 5-6 yards of jersey knit fabric (might be called t-shirt knit, jersey knit, stretchy knit). This stuff goes on sale ALL the time. I got mine for $2.50/yard and purchased 5.5 yards (I'm 5'10" tall). 

Next I used sheers to cut the fabric in half length wise. 

And that's it! For less than $15 you have two baby wraps! 

You don't need to do any sewing but if I had a serger (please, Santa?) I might have serged the edges in a contrasting color. 

Who am I kidding?  I wouldn't have found time to do that. But you might want to!

Happy baby wearing, hippie friends!





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...