Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clothes and Such

Can you tell I've got a growin' boy? He's been sleeping (a lot!) and I've had time to blog a little!

So I thought I should take the opportunity to blog about something really important. Like clothes. :)

Does anyone know of any postpartum style blogs? I'd sure like to see a postpartum, breastfeeding new mom run a nice style blog. Preferably one with my body shape (this new one- the one I don't recognize and don't know how to dress!). I was talking to a stylish mom the other day and we were talking about how hard it is to dress around nursing. Sure, I invested in a few nursing tanks while still pregnant thinking I would be good... but I had no idea how much it would really change the way I dress. I took my Christmas money to hit the clearance racks this week to try to find some things that would work. (I figured everyone was tired of seeing me rotate through the same two tops.) It was so hard! It's much harder to shop for suitable nursing clothes than it was to shop for suitable maternity clothes. What am I missing?!?! How did I not anticipate this?


Here's what I've learned so far.....

1.) The tanks and cardis I thought I would pull off do NOT work. They were cute when that little belly bump was all baby... now that it's just fat the belly clinging tanks aren't so cute. (I learned this the hard way after not one but two nephews asked if I had another baby in my belly!)

2.) Button downs make for easy access and are great.... unless they're silk. (Am I the only one that gets milk on all my clothes?)

3.) If the only two tops you are currently wearing are flowing and nothing else is working in the fitting room... just buy 10 more flowy tops... you're bound to get one that your friends say 'look like you.' (Thanks, girls!) (Oh and I'm not really serious on this one.... I was just desperate at this point!)

4.) A flowy, loose knit sweater (no matter how cute) probably ranks pretty close to the silk in practicality. There's all kind of catchy things for it to snag on now that baby is in tow.

5.) Do not, never ever, no matter what, even if you're excited that your old jeans fit again post a postpartum picture of yourself on facebook. You will get unsolicited messages for wet loss systems and body wraps. What am I doing being facebook friends with these people?! Ha... Just kidding... (sort of).

(The picture that started the unsolicited, might as well be hate mail messages...... )


So I'd like to know.... breastfeeding mamas- how do you do it?! What are your style tips? When will I start loving scarves again??? I need to know!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...