Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

An Update and an 8 Week Picture

There's so much I could say about this post that I wrote last year and was surprised by when it posted last week. I'll just say that we have been blessed beyond measure in the last year and we are so thankful for all of the opportunity that was thrown our way in 2010 and '11.

Speaking of '11, I'd like to do a recap post but it was such an amazing year that I don't know where I would begin! Maybe one day I'll get to one!

And you may have noticed (okay probably only my mom noticed) that we missed a 7 week picture. R had been asking when I was going to stop doing them EVERY week so I guess that was the accidental answer. He's grown so much since his 6 week picture though that we had to take an updated one before too much more time passed... so here is the little (not so little) guy at 8 weeks. His daddy often tells him there's no room left in those cheeks for anymore milk! But we think he makes a pretty cute little chubby baby!



A highlight since his last update is that he's added 3 states to his list of states he's visited. He was a great little traveler as we headed to OK for a family Christmas.
He's smiling more than ever and telling stories like crazy. He is content to entertain himself for longer periods of time because he's finally taking interest in toys. Sophie the giraffe is his favorite though he did spend a good 5 minutes telling stories to his elephant today.
He has outgrown some of his 0-3 and is wearing some 3-6. The outfit in this picture is a 3-6. One piece outfits don't work real well on his long little body but this one from Naartjie is an outfit R & I picked up on our anniversary trip last year and is one of the very few pieces of clothing we have ever bought the little guy.
He's starting to do tummy time for longer periods of time but if he goes a day without doing much of it, he is leery to start at it again.
Evenings have been rough for him lately. It may be awhile before we go to another game as the last one we went to he was wanting mama cuddles the whole time.
He's showing more and more of his little personality everyday. One of my favorite things that he does now is smile real big when seeing me or his daddy after not seeing us for a little bit. Melts my heart every time!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...