Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chicken Wreath Recipe

Full disclosure: this doesn't really make a wreath. And it's not so much of a recipe. And the chicken is from a can so I don't even know if it counts as a chicken recipe. But other than those tiny details, the title of this blogpost is legit.

Back story: once upon a time I decided to make a wreath recipe. R & I were living in a tiny apartment and waiting for the next payday to buy groceries so as I went to gather the necessary ingredients we didn't have them. I pulled out everything from the cupboards and put them together to make this instead. It didn't pass as a wreath and wasn't anywhere close to the recipe but we've been making it ever since. It's been my go to dish since B was born and have had people actually ask for the 'recipe.' It's gotten good enough reviews that I thought it was time to share.

Chicken 'Wreath' (errr... ummm... square)

Crescent rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken, drained
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 large handful (or more) shredded cheddar

-Unroll crescent rolls and place half of the sheet in the bottom of a greased square baking dish.
-Mix remaining ingredients and pour over crescent rolls. (You can add anything else here- peppers, cream cheese, sour cream, vegetables, seasoning, whatever!)
-Place remaining crescent rolls on top.
-Bake 25-30 minutes at 375 or until golden brown.


That's it! If you have more than two hungry people you may want to make a double batch in a 9x13 pan instead. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...