Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Prayer Warriors

Hey, Prayer Warriors!
Here's a fun project for you- My friend Mary posted this awesome idea on her blog and I couldn't wait to copy it! She took her Christmas cards from the year and put them on a ring. They choose some cards from the ring and pray over the people that sent them the card. What a great idea, right?!
I finally got around to digging out a hole punch and ring tonight though I think I'm going to need another ring... this is just the pile of cards that I never even got around to hanging up this year. That's bad, isn't it!?! Of course the other cards are still hanging up for everyone to enjoy (mostly because I still haven't taken down the rest of my 'winter' decor yet).
Anyway....
The first card I picked up tonight to punch a hole in was from a dear friend that was recently diagnosed with NHL. And as I go through the pile there are friends in there dealing with some other pretty (really) heavy stuff right now. It hurts my heart to think of all the giants my friends are facing right now. I love the prayer ring idea as being more of a visual aid (versus the list app on my phone that I pull up every night and update with prayer requests) as we pray. I love being able to pray for my friends when I feel so helpless in being able to help them out in any other way. So I apologize for my absent self lately, but know that I'm praying for you tonight!
(And feel free to steal Mary's idea. I did. I'm sure she wont mind!) ;)


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...