Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Couch Potato

One of B's favorite spots is the chaise end of the couches. (Both our couches are U shaped sectionals.) He can hang out there and play for so long at a time. We read books there, we do tummy time there, we sing songs and play silly games. It dawned on me the other day that all my B pictures are close up shots of him and I wanted a shot of him on the big comfy couch. I love how small he looks in contrast to it. And I love how it shows him in his favorite environment. I want to get better at taking pictures that include scenes from his life around him. Maybe someday he'll look back and like seeing where he lived- kind of like when we look back at the flower printed couches and shag carpeting pictures. And hopefully he wont care that his mom didn't take time to edit his poorly lit pictures. :) (I grabbed the camera and snapped these right after I had taken his picture with the iPhone and realized my camera was in the shot- laying next to him on the couch. I decided I should probably pick it up more and get pictures of him that aren't just taken on my phone. M told me it doesn't matter how I get the picture, just that I get it. So I'm going to keep that going and say it doesn't matter how the picture is edited, just that I have it. She's right, time passes way too fast to be worried about that!)








LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...