Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Compassion

"Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me..."

These are the beginning lyrics of "Mighty To Save." A song that I sometimes get stuck in my head...This week I've had the song stuck in my head a lot.

Everyone needs Compassion.

Compassion.


I've already admitted that I'm a Tweeb. It started with my cousin Amy's blog. She inspired me to start my own and from there I found several others that I started reading regularly. One of those blogs was Angie's. If you have not yet visited Bring The Rain, I recommend you do.

Angie recently went on a Compassion trip to India. Along with others, she blogged about her experience.

I read the blogs.

I read about the dirty conditions and the use of a go girl.

I read about housing so small it made Pete feel tall.

I read about the prostitutes in the street, some of which aren't even old enough to be students in my class.

I read about the baby girl with no name because she wouldn't live long enough for them to give her one.

Then I watched the live web conference.

I heard them talk about a hungry little girl's first visit to a restaurant and how she wouldn't eat all her food because she wanted to take it home to her sister.

I heard about how this blogger would come home changed and worried because those she was coming home to would not be changed (those of you who knew me when I transitioned back from Ramapo know how tough that was for me).

I cried. I prayed for those kids. I prayed for the bloggers. I cried some more.

God was moving me this week. He kept tossing subtle hints my way hitting me upside the head telling me to do something.

I browsed the children awaiting a sponsor. There are so many of them. I felt overwhelmed looking into all of their faces. I saw a little girl named Esta. I was drawn to her for no apparent reason. I had a dream that night about a little girl; her name: Esta. I walked into work the next day. The first thing I saw: A flyer saying we were having a concert by... Esta.
Okay, God. I'm getting the hint here.
I prayed about it. Rusty and I talked about it (a lot). When I got back online, there was no Esta. Had I dreamed that name up? Had someone else already sponsored her?

I talked to a few people about it. I heard more stories of sponsers. How do you choose one child when there are so many that need a sponsor. You choose by starting with one.

One.

Anne asked "Now that you've seen what you've seen, what are you going to do about it?"

We chose one.

I hope you'll do the same.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...