Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kitchen:

our favorite room in the house (maybe because we spend so much time in it...)
Kelly started a "tour of homes." Up first: Kitchens.


Some of my favorite things- Grandma's butter churn:
Most of my recipes are printed off the computer from emails or jotted down on sticky notes. I hide them in the box on the bottom shelf until I have time to transfer them to the recipe cards. I only use one cook book and it's one our family made. That's why I'm putting together another family/friends cookbook because those are the only other recipes I use!
Another favorite- sink that hides a ton of dishes:
Everyone asks us if we use our breakfast room much. YES.
This is where we always eat unless we have people over then we eat in our actual dining room.
And of course I had to add my pantry. It is the hub of our house. And thanks to the chalk board paint on the back of the door, it's also a popular spot for the kidlins when they come over.
I love it so much I'm writing a book about it.... stay tuned.


And Kelly is right. We all have so much to be thankful for. I'll post more on Compassion later. But until then, check it out.

21 comments:

  1. I love your cabinets! I have been wanting to do the chalk board on my pantry door! I think I might do that this week! My kids will love it more than me I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black cabinets! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also love our deep pantry! Pretty bar stools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I love your dark cabinets. Your kitchen is very pretty! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok..my FAV kitchen on the tour. Love the clutter free black. Your organization looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the black cabinets! Great kitchen! Thanks for sharing. Found you thru Kelly's blog. Just got my kitchen tour post up today. Little late. Ha ha! :)
    Blessings, Angie Seaman
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/ (blog)
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com (website)
    www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com (photography blog)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS kitchen! Love it! Love your sink! Yes, Jeff is doing our cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have looked through hundreds of kitchens tonight and yours is by far my favorite!! I didn't have to nerve to do all my cabinets black, so I settled for the island. LOVE your kitchen!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black is my favorite color! LOVE your cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you paint the cabinets yourselves? If so, would you recommend doing it? I didn't think I liked black cabinets, but yours are gorgeous! Also, I have almost the exact same picture board in my kitchen - people gravitate to it - there's something about pictures!

    Thanks for sharing - I'll be back...=]

    L in Alaska kenora@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nice comments!
    I didn't paint them myself but I'm going to tackle a set of cabinets early summer and I'll report on how well that goes....
    We just built our house last fall and my cousin did the cabinets. This is their website: http://www.ultimatecabinetsok.com/_/Home.html
    Good luck if you decide to paint yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your dinner bell! So cute! And your pantry is super nice...love the sliding door.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your black cabinets! Very classy. Where did you find your "pantry" sign on the door? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful kitchen! I could see this in a magazine or on TV. Just gorgeous. The black cabinets are so beautiful! I am in LOVE with your pantry. Oh I couldn't imagine having so much wonderful room! The door is great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks!
    The Pantry sign is from Uppercase Living!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am loving the GREEN table! (and pretty much the rest of your kitchen!!) mind sharing where you got the table at?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! I'm in the process of getting new counters and back splash... and am suddenly in LOVE with my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The table is from a local furniture store (I think it's Ashley brand). It was blond and I primed/painted it. The green is from Sherwin Williams (tupelo green, maybe).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You have quite the kitchen/pantry. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...