Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Living Room

Updated 7/16/09:
I found this treasure on the way home yesterday. It's a medical supply trunk. Nifty, huh?


Original Post as follows:

Kelly's:Our work in progress living room. That we love. Despite the changes we'd like to someday make! View by fireplace/breakfast room that faces entry/dining room (yes, Rusty and Dakota are both lounging/watching baseball tonight... they decided they didn't want to be in blog pictures so got up!). I'm looking for a bench for the entry.... any ideas? View from kitchen hallway. Yep, that's Dakota's bed by the tv. He can't miss out on anything.
Oh... and the tv? Yes, that is supposed to be in our family room.... in the basement. Someday it will get there.
View from entry. I love how everything is open. My kitchen sink faces the living room.
Our big comfy couch. I love how so many people can pile into it. And how Rusty & I can both take a nap on it at the same time. Soooo comfy.
Still looking for a coffee table (possibly a trunk?) that is 30x30. Any ideas for me?? I posted about it awhile back but it's a cheapo from IKEA that I painted because I couldn't find anything else. Still looking!!
And here's our family room. :) We had every intention of finishing it once we moved in. (Have I mentioned that my husband built our house? Literally built it with his own hands?? Let's just say after that job, we haven't so much been in the mood to tackle the basement project!) :-)

18 comments:

  1. WOW! I thought my sectional was big...that was until I saw yours! Love your paint color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paint color, too. Ya know, a nice leather ottoman would make a good coffee table and would look great with your furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your room and everything that you have it!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your room, love that big couch. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors. You should check out Hobby Lobby this week 40% off furniture and they had great benches, tables, coffee and sofa , etc, lots of great pieces I could see in this room.

    I went straight to your post first because your kitchen was my favorite on the tour last time...you didn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve your room-love the colors! LOVE the trunk Idea! Maybe you could find one at an auction or on EBAY. Those browns ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cozy color - the huge sofa looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i got a bench for our entry way from a local store "olde country barn" it's primtive and would match your sectional great! your husband sounds pretty handy-- i bet he could make it :) hehe, my husband just loves when i volunteer him to make things for me (he builds cabinets as his occupation, his dad owns the shop)... so i'm always trying to get him to build me things for the house... it is slow going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE the H on the mantel - so cool! :-) thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your living room is big, wow. I love the wall color. Is a chocolate color?

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and spacious living room. I love your couch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the brown & am a sucker for any home with initials floating around!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your hosue is amazing! I love the floors, the colour, how open it is, everything! I LOVE the sectional, its just all so cozy! You husband is super talented! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANKS! The light brown paint is called Hat Box Brown from Menards (I had Sherwin Williams do a custom match to it). The darker brown is called Coffee Bean from Sherwin Williams.
    Thanks for all of the ideas! I can't believe I didn't think about Hobby Lobby! And I'm going to our local "Harvest Barn" today to look as well!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your giant sectional and i think it is too cool that your hubby built your house with his own two hands! very impressive and so special! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful room.. i love the sectional! and the colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love your wall colors!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...