Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Famtime

Family Time. And lots of it this weekend. Friday, we traveled to Creston to watch Todd's graduation (yes, again. yes, he has more degrees than a thermometer). It was fun to spend time with family. We got together afterwards (in the Back Forty) to eat. Morgan asked more than once during the ceremony when the pizza party was going to start.

One of the coolest things about the graduation was watching some of my former students (from my first "real" job) graduate from college. Many of my kids were told they would not graduate from high school. Not only did they all graduate from high school, many of them went on to college. It was fun to see some of them get their college diplomas on Friday. I plan to go back in June to see some more of them graduate. Very cool to see!

Here is Maddox in between two grandmas. He and Morgan tested out several seats during the ceremony.


Saturday we had a girls day. Mom & I met Holly at the Harvest Barn (no luck finding a bench). Had some of their delicious pecan praline fudge...... Yummmm. (I've been craving it since I saw them at the Farmer's Market last Saturday. Soooo good!)
Then we met Hillary & Mo at the mall. Ate some Cheesecake Factory and did a little shopping. (Got a GAP sweatshirt for $4.43!)


Mom, Hillary, & Mo. Right before Mo's "mini" cheeseburgers arrived... It was seriously a platter of cheeseburgers.



Holly, Mom, me, Hillary. Photography courtesy of Morgan (age 3).


Tomorrow, we'll head back home after Sunday dinner (after church). After celebrating Mother's Day, of course. Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms!
And THANKS to Morgan and Maddox for the great Mother's Day gifts (even though I'm not a mommy! not unless a dog, 300+ students, and our precious Compassion child count....). You are the best kiddos and make me feel so loved!
Oh... and don't be worried about Rusty. He went golfing with Uncle Doyle, then they went out for Prime Rib dinner. He's perfectly worn out and snoozing on mom's couch right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...