Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Talk to Me (Your Word of the Year)

What is your WORD for 2011? What describes you or what you want to accomplish this year.
Inspired by Ali Edwards. ViaAshley. :)

Since first seeing the 'word' on Lisa Leonard's blog, I went back and forth on what my word would be a lot. I thought about using my unofficial word(s) of the year from last year... Hold Fast. I considered Take Heart or just Heart. I thought about Hope, Journey and Waiting.
I kept changing my mind and changing it again before finally settling on joy.

Joy.

My email signature says "Be Joyful Always." 1 Thessalonians 5:16
We sent the same message out on our Christmas cards.
My favorite Christmas photo of the year was JOY in scrabble letters.

Joy.

Not so much about finding joy but more about realizing it's already right there. Even in the dark.



Next Week's:
Inspired by Sarah's link to this Awesome video. What would make your Awesome List? (Lists, photos, videos, etc. welcome!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...