Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hey, Jesus!

Turns out I've used that title before..... And I use it A LOT when I'm talking to Jesus.

"Hey, Jesus!"

Doesn't it just sound good?

I'm not real (okay at all) formal with my prayers. I remember when it was my turn to stand at the pulpit through high school I would much rather stumble over words like 'Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz' doing scripture reading than have to say my own prayer in front of everyone.

I like to thank God for new shoes and ask Him for 'craftastic' blessings. God cares about the small (and seemingly unimportant) stuff, y'all.

So what about this prayer? Do you think he was out of line or just tuning into God's sense of humor? http://www.kcci.com/video/28666075/detail.html

I just have to wonder how many Christians after this guy watched Talladega Nights in their homes and didn't accuse Will Farrell of making a mockery out of prayer. Just something (seemingly unimportant) I was thinking about today...



Updated:
As I was thinking about the way people pray, it reminded me of this scenario that took place at our dinner table the other night......

H- "Maddox, do you want to pray before dinner?"
M (bows his head and closes his eyes)- "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America......." (he continues on with this until the very end putting the emphasis on a really loud GOD)

I'm thankful that he bowed his head and closed his eyes and felt confident enough to dish out the prayer. I'm also thankful his prayer wasn't like his breakfast one awhile back.....

H- "Dear God, thank you for this great day we have with Maddox. We pray that you give him good listening ears today. Thank you for this food. Amen."
M (still with his head bowed, eyes closed only he has his hands on his head shaking his head no)- "NO, God. Just thank you for this food!"

Gotta love that boy! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...