Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happies


After getting up early on the 4th and having a very full (LONG) day, I thought once my head hit the pillow just before 11 pm that it would stay there for quite some time. I thought wrong.
So taking R's advice, I got up from tossing and turning in bed and that somehow turned into a blog post....

I love our friend, Amy R's, blog and how she always posts her three happies at the end of each one. Taking her lead......

My Three Happies:

1.) Dakota. He has been quite the trooper with all the craziness in his life lately. He even spent his first night home alone this weekend and (as far as we can tell) did a great job. He is the most loyal, loving pup and the only dog I've ever seen that truly has two 'masters.' You can see the pain on his face when R&I are both home but in different rooms- he doesn't know where he should go! :)

2.) Healthcare. I'm so thankful we have it and I'm amazed by all the techniques/procedures they can do to ensure our health. Some of you tweeted me about that Mercy mug on the 4th of July. Baby H was already up to his first antics and causing quite a stir (literally). Our Dr was concerned (which in turn, made us very concerned) but after a few med tricks, he's straightened out (literally) and all is well. I started and ended my long weekend with such different feelings about life and I'm so thankful. (Side note, please pray Baby H stays put for quite some time. According to yesterday's tests, he is now estimated to be 3 ounces heavier than the lightest baby ever born to have survived. I simply cannot imagine him arriving this soon or this tiny.)

3.) Hubby. This one goes without saying, but he was especially my happy this weekend. This guy loves me. And I love him. I feel so blessed to have him by my side in everything. If you're admitted and need someone to sneak you McDonald's french fries, I hope you have a guy like R by your side. And did you see his photography skills? He's good. (Okay, he's going to tell that story as me setting up the shot, switching him places, him pushing the button, me straightening, cropping, and editing until I got them how I wanted them.... but who else would let me hand them a camera and do all that back and forth?) ;) Yep. He definitely is my happy.



Hope you have lots of happies your way today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...