Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Really Important Stuff



Let's talk about really important stuff......

...like baby clothes! :)

(I hope you don't take this post seriously....)

It occurred to us not so long ago that we had not bought any clothes for our little guy yet. He had a few cute outfits from my mom, sister and friends, but not too much. We decided since little guy is due in November, he may need a few pieces of clothing to get him through the cold winter. Time to get cracking on that.....

Have you ever shopped for baby boy clothes? I mean cute ones? It's NOTHING like shopping for baby girl clothes. They aren't all that easy to find. If you don't want giant logos, cartoon characters, not so catchy phrases, skulls & crossbones or zoo animals, your choices are pretty limited. (Did you know they put skulls and crossbones on baby clothes?!? I didn't!)

Not only do they not have much to choose from but they spread them out among the little girl clothes so while you're searching for them, you have to walk through all the pretty pink and polka dotted girl things.

And who knew baby jeans cost $27?!? (Don't worry mom- I found some for about 1/3 of that at the outlet.)

My friend asked me awhile back if I would want other people buying clothes for our little guy (her knowing full well that little guy would end up being an advertisement for big monkeys and footballs). And actually, I really do. Because I just cant bring myself to spend money on those monkeys and footballs but the poor little guy cant go nekid can he?

Even so, I was determined to find him a few things less loud.

One night I sat down and made a google doc registry of stuff for little guy that isn't sold at Target. I even ended up finding a few clothing things to put on it. Are you impressed?

Some things that caught my eye:


And on that shopping trip R&I did? We bought some baby clothes. Even one with characters on it. Kind of.


PS- Just so you know- there are cute boy clothes, they just have to be hunted for. So far, I've had the best luck at 77 kids. When we were there in May, my mom got little guy some great stuff (like the fedora you've all admired, ha). Just last week, R&I found some more great deals. I've had a hard time finding their sales online but at the store, they have lots of great stuff on the sale racks and each time we've been there we've gotten a scratch off ticket for another percentage off. I vote they bring one to Jordan Creek!


Update:
I love blogging but wish if my blog offends you, you don't like me, or you disagree with me that you'd click on out of here. I'm really debating setting it to private. But that's a whole other post.
Anyway..... Yes! I love our little guy so much. I don't care what he wears (well I kind of do- if you buy him skulls & crossbones, hawkeye gear or anything about being a boob man, I am not putting it on him). But if it's something I'm spending my money on, I do care. If you are paying for it, shouldn't you like it? Yes, I know he is a baby. Guess what? He doesn't have preferences yet. When he's older I guess he may like shirts with basketballs, Disney characters and Hot Wheels (just to name a few) all over them and I'm sure some will make it to his closet. So is it really a big deal if I blog that I want cute clothes for him while I actually do get a say? Not everything I blog is serious- we don't take life that seriously around here. I apologize if I offend you. Like I often think around the 8th graders..... cant we all just get along? (And if you really cant get along with this blog, you can leave any old time you want.)
Okay, back to fun loving, happy blogging. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...