Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Birthday, R!


Five years ago on his birthday, I made him a book. It was a book that listed all the reasons that I loved him. We still have it and look back at it from time to time with good memories (and him with not so good memories of the fro he had at the time).
Today is his birthday (he says 29 but he may be a few years off....) and I woke up thinking about all the reasons I've loved him in this last year. There's a ton of them and it makes me realize how lucky I am.


R, here are just a few of the things I love about you from this year.

-I love your new little (matching to mine) scar. ;)
-I love how you've made the choice to be more intentional about your walk with Jesus and to lead our family.
-I loved watching your concern for one of your best buddies and his sweet little girl. I love watching you interact with her, especially now that she'll actually smile at you. :)
-I absolutely loved how happy and carefree you were in Jamaica. It was definitely the best trip we've ever taken!
-I loved watching you try to get Baby H close to the tv for March Madness. Cant wait for you to take him to the Final Four next March while us girls have our shopping trip. :)
-I absolutely melt when you talk to our son. I love how you are the only one he kicks on command for and that you two already have a special relationship. You are going to be the best daddy.



I love you so much and I hope you have the best birthday. Something tells me it's going to be a big year for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...