Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Show Us Your Life


It's been a long time since I've posted along with a Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life Post.
I know some people go all out for this but not us. He found out right along side me (though he really didn't believe it for awhile). I'm including the pages from our Jamaica scrap book that talk about it. (The Day 2 page is a little funky because when it prints the gap will be missing so the lines read across instead of down. And as I'm posting them I'm glad I haven't ordered the book yet because there are some typos. Glad I found that out here instead of when the book arrived!)

Photobucket
Photobucket

We waited until my mom's birthday to tell my family. As I talked about in Mo's birthday post, she was the first we told. Later that night, all of my family went out to eat for my mom's birthday. R&I gave her a card signed, "Happy Birthday! Love, R, H, Dakota, & Baby H." There was an ultrasound picture in the card as well. It either took her a little while to figure out what was going on or she was in shock because she looked confused for a little bit. Then her jaw dropped and she smiled really big as she was holding the picture. After awhile of this and everyone just staring at her, I realized I should probably get my camera out. A little late but....
My little sister was the first to figure out what she was holding in her hand. Then everyone got excited and poor Morgan (who had been doing such a great job of keeping that secret) was so upset because everyone was figuring out the secret and she didn't think they were supposed to know. She was confused... but not as confused as Maddox. When his mom showed him the picture he said, "OH yay! A PUPPY!!" As we left, he told us to make sure it was a tiny puppy. (He remained confused for quite sometime... he was just getting things figured out when we had our gender ultrasound during our shopping weekend in Minneapolis. The ultrasound tech said he needed to make sure it wasn't a squirrel and Maddox said, "OH NO, it's a squirrel?!?!" At some point he finally got things figured out and got excited about having a baby cousin. A BOY baby cousin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...