Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, July 22, 2011

We Had an Anniversary!

Yesterday, R & I celebrated our anniversary. We both took the day off of work just to hang out.

We ended up heading to Minneapolis for the day. We did lunch at the Cadillac Ranch (we are more into doing lunch out instead of dinner- it's the same food at a cheaper price- it just makes sense in the summer). We did the Mall of America. R looked for shoes (we didn't find any) and we got a few baby clothes. (I know you'd expect me to have a lot of baby clothes by now. I don't. More on that later...)

We did an IKEA run and got everything IKEA we thought we wanted for Baby H's room. As it turns out, TODAY is the day they are switching everything out and now there is all new stuff. We missed it by just one day. Originally I had planned on IKEA this September (during Junk Bonanza) but with Baby H's history of travel, R decided not to let me head up there without him this fall. Sooo..... I'm trying really hard to stay away from the IKEA website. Please don't pin anything cute from their new stuff on Pinterest. :)

On the way home, we did the Medford Outlet. R always has to check out the Nike outlet (in his words, he's found some 'hidden gems' there in the past). We did the kid clothing ones. And Gap. Wait. We didn't do Gap. Can you believe it??? In the past, we've stopped at the Medford Outlet JUST for Gap and this time we didn't even make it in my favorite there. (And you know when I got home I had an email from the Gap Outlet in my junkmail about all the kid sales they were having yesterday!) ha.
Our big dinner out was Wendy's (R's choice). We didn't even have to get dressed up for it. :)

We played stupid car games (alphabet hunt, anyone?) and talked about life and marriage.
Our counselor has reminded us of how different/difficult our early marriage has been compared to others because of what we've been through. Even so, we are anticipating baby changing everything. We had a recent marriage meeting and talked about what marriage would be like after baby (I might have had to take back a laugh when R mentioned weekly dating).
I know I'm going to offend people by saying this, but we both (prayerfully) agree that baby will not come first in our life together. Our intention is for our priorities to be 1.) God 2.) Marriage 3.) Baby.

For those of you ahead of us, what are some things you did/do to ensure your marriage came/comes before baby? Was it/is it incredibly difficult for you to do?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...