Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Small Towns

I grew up in a small town.
I moved back to a small town.
I love small towns.

Here are a few reasons I love small towns:

1.) Veering off the "normal" walk route ends up taking over 2 hours longer than normal. Reason: stopping to talk to several people that we typically do not see since they are not on the "normal" walk route.
2.) Impromptu Farmer's Markets at the "4-way."
3.) Barns tucked away off the highway with "stores" hidden inside. And filled with treasures.


Any guesses on what this is?






I know it looks like a coffee (or is it cocktail?) table (what, you don't see the resemblance?). But it's actually one of these. Yup, I didn't know what it was either. Oh and don't worry. I didn't spend nearly that much.

Another reason I love small towns? I walked out of the barn with this "table" and two dresses spending less than $50.

I love small towns. Especially in the summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...