Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Craftasticly Junky

I started my Saturday by updating my facebook status.

(R really does say that about everyday. My facebook picture really is fraggle rock. Yes, I've been informed fraggle rock doesn't count as a cartoon character.)

I ate breakfast with some fabulous women. Since R wasn't around, it was my turn to say the blessing. Yes I say things like "Hey, Jesus" and "craftastic" when I pray. Sometimes I even call him "dude." I don't think He minds.

Breakfast was followed by a morning long meeting with the SUPER CRAFTERS. Yes, they are amazing women. (No, we didn't make the capes for ourselves. Yes, we made better stuff than capes but those are top secret until after Christmas.)
H, Kari, Ashley, Jen
Jaren, Lisa, Anne, Molly


After crafting, J&I went on some Jolly Junking. She's really good about supporting my junk habit. She's patient with me, pushes me on great deals, and holds me back on too crazy ideas.

On the way home, my fairly new tire blew. Yup. I saw the thing flying away through my rear view mirror. Luckily, we were still pretty close to the Junking which is pretty close to our good friends' house. Jaren's husband, Nick (whom we had just been talking about that morning as not being the sweetest guy in the world), came to our rescue. He had us changed and on our way pretty quick. He may not be the sweetest guy in the world, but he'll drop anything to help you out when you need him.

Once we finally made it home, my adorable neighbor girls came over to trade some adorable smiles for some crafting supplies.

We really are blessed by the people that surround us. We have some really great friends. With friends like ours, even a day with a flat tire along the side of the interstate can be the best day.

PS- Craftastic Days are not invitation only. Just let me know if you want to come to the next one! We are planning to do a kid friendly one soon too! It's gonna be sew much fun! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...