Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tis the Season

When you think of Christmas, how does it make you feel? What do you think of?
Do you get excited about seeing family and exchanging gifts? Do you look forward to Christmas pageants and church programs? Are you anxious and stressed about getting all your gifts bought and all your food made and all your Christmas functions attended? Do you picture Jesus as a baby and tell Him happy birthday? Are you running from store to store and cleaning your house for guests? Do you drop a dollar in the red bucket when you hear the ringing of the bells?

One thing that's been noticeable to me this season has been all the stressed out facebook comments. The people angry with family. Stressed about getting from one place to another. Fed up with gift buying. It can be so easy to let Christmas become what society has created. It's so easy to forget why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.

This year I vow to not stress about cleaning, cooking, gifts, or family. I vow to enjoy the season. I vow to remember that it's still His birthday whether I come up with the best gifts or not, whether or not my floors are clean, even if I don't make it to every family function, and even if I don't come bearing gifts.
So you may see me as a little not put together this season, but I'll be a little less stressed while I'm there.
I wont be stressed about cooking and cleaning and gifting. I'll be thanking Him for coming here as a baby so He could go to the cross for me. For unprepared, owner of a messy house, scarcity of gifts under the tree me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...