Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Is it Really Okay?

A few weeks ago, in the middle of a study on Psalms, we were studying a Psalm of lament. A Psalm of anger, mourning, sorrow.
Anger.
Since that study, the issue has come up time. and time. again. (Does the phrase, 'getting hit over the head' sound fitting to anyone right now?)
I've had person after person, passage after passage, pointing towards being angry with God. People telling me, "It's okay to let Him know you're angry."
But how do we claim Him as Good while being mad? How do we praise Him while crying to Him? How do we remain faithful when we're questioning?
I don't really have the answers. I typed that intro out a week ago thinking the answers would come.
They didn't.
But as I kept asking them, a peace came over me. A calm. An "It's okay, H- you don't have to have it all together all the time. It's okay to have your feelings hurt. It's okay to be disappointed. It's okay to not be good enough."
Because I'm good enough for Him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...