Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas.

I've been terrible at taking pictures of life lately. The last few years I've put together photo albums from our Christmas get togethers and I just realized I have no where close to enough photos for an album- and barely even enough for a blog post. (And what's worse is the ones I have for the post weren't even taken by me!)

But we did celebrate Christmas (of course) and I do want it documented (at the very least in my blog scrapbook). We had round 1 of Christmas two weekends before with my dad's side and 'the Oklahoma cousins' (you also know them as Amy's family). We were so excited to have them over (even Junior the elf found them all the way here and came to visit).
That Saturday, we had Christmas at Hillary's house. Mo & Madd sang carols to us and we tried to get the grandkids with great grandma shot. Not too shabby....


The next weekend we had Christmas at the cabin with R's mom's side. Other than the pictures of R and Colson and the cabin itself (from my 365 blog), I didn't get nearly enough pictures!


Once we were out of school, we headed south. They were still in school on Christmas Eve eve so we were able to get Mo & Madd after school and spend the afternoon with them. We even got there in time for some of Madd's school party. Lucky us. :)
They were shocked at their videos from Santa. Mo decided that Santa must have cameras EVERYWHERE watching EVERYTHING. "Pretty much like God." Umm.... or not. :)
That evening, we went caroling and handed out some goodie bags that Mo and Madd (mostly Mo) put together. We decided that next year we should include earplugs in the goodie bags. (We need to recruit more singers as well!) :)
Mo got to hold a REAL candle at candle light service this year- she was excited to hold a candle for Jesus' Birthday party.

Christmas day we had Christmas at mom's house. I think the kids made out pretty well in the gift department though Mo was worried about her new Baby Alive. Now that she was two she asked, "How am I going to take care of TWO babies???!?" Todd kept us pretty entertained in the dancing department. (Someone got Just Dance 2 for Christmas.)

Here is R&my Christmas photo for the year..... we're beautiful, huh? :)

The following day, we had R's family over for Christmas. It was the perfect laid back, relaxing Christmas to end all of the celebrating on.
Our nephew was on clean up duty....
Dakota is now Mal's buddy. He talked her in to staying and watching a movie with him (his favorite thing to do now is watch tv- we think with the new style now that he can actually see what's going on). We watched Inception. Have you seen it? What do you think of the ending? Is it real?

And that sums up our Christmas celebrating for 2010. It was a great time with family and one of our most stress free Christmases ever. Hope yours was the same!
Love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...