Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hope.

photo credit: manywallpapers



Alternately titled valleys.

"You're in a valley right now. We don't know for how long, but you're in it and you're in deep. You have to keep going through it. It seems daunting but you will make it through. And while you're here, God is going to teach you about yourself. He's going to teach you about your marriage. He's going to teach you about patience, about perseverance, faith, love, hope, goodness, about life- and you better be paying attention."

The valley.

Are you in one right now?

Is it dark? Daunting? No light in sight?
Are you questioning why He has you there? Are you trying to make sense of it? Are you losing heart? Are you ready to give up?

At one point or another (or many), we're all in a valley and it can be so. so. hard. It can be so hard to keep. going. through. it.

Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You
are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

As we look at Psalm 23, it can be comforting. He reminds us that it may be hard, but He's with us in the valley and that we will get through it.

But what if.

What if we looked at the valley differently.

A valley is defined as lowlands (usually in between mountains and along a stream). Sounds like a place where the grass would be growing green.
In Psalm 23, the valley is being walked through by 'sheep' led by the Good Shepard. 'Sheep' walking through the valley in the foot of mountains. 'Sheep' in the valley of green grass. The green grass that feeds them. Unlike the surrounding mountains.

For the sheep, the valley is probably not a bad place to be.

What about for us?

What if we held on to the truth that we are going to come out of the valley well nourished? Fed by Him? Stronger. Healthier. Wiser. Better.
Knowing more about ourselves, our marriage, patience, perseverance, faith, love, hope, goodness, life and Him.

Would it be worth it?


Would the valley still seem daunting or

would the valley be

hope-filled?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...