Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

advice?

Updated: Thanks for all the emails, fb messages, comments. Keep 'em coming! You guys are so good! And I forgot to ask the other question (which is what sparred this post in the first place)- the convertible seat we want is on sale right now. Do they go on sale very often? Our plan was to wait to buy it after the due date with the discount but this sale price is even better. Will it be on sale again?


I'm a review junky. And I want what I want. Thus I spent over a year finding the right couch for our upstairs living room. And just as long reading reviews for household appliances and every other major purchase we made with our house.
So at our last appointment when the Dr said, "Well we need to do this since you are halfway through this pregnancy..." I looked at R with a panicked, "WHU!?!?"
Because honestly, the carpet is ripped up in Baby H's room and we hadn't purchased a single thing yet. We needed to get cracking.
(Okay.. that sounds misleading- we do have some things for baby H but it's been purchased by my family and friends. My mom got us an awesome crib and huge dresser. My uncle got us a car seat. My sister and friends have hooked us up with some clothes, bottles and other baby gear. We've even gotten diapers from Baby H's future friend that's already outgrown the newborn size. We feel so incredibly blessed to be loved on so much and we are so thankful for it. But we hadn't purchased anything ourselves yet. Since that appointment we ordered the flooring for baby's room so we since have officially made our first baby purchase. If flooring counts as a baby purchase.)

Anyway.. on to the point of this post. (I have been a lot like the mouse with the cookie lately, haven't I?)

Realizing we're halfway through this pregnancy, I need help figuring out the car seat situation.
We have two vehicles but R mainly uses his for work purposes only. If we are going out of town or going anywhere together, we typically use mine. We're assuming baby h will spend most of his vehicle time in my car. The only exception to that would be when baby h starts leaving the house for daycare, R may need to drop him off some mornings.
My uncle purchased us an infant carrier. We'll have the base for that in my car.
So my questions for you are.....
1.) Did we pick a good infant carrier? (Please say yes.)
2.) Do we need the second base (to put in R's car) (it is like $70! Yikes!)? (Please tell me we can get away without it.)
3.) Have any of you used a convertible car seat for a newborn? They say they are good from 5 pounds. Is that true?
5.) Will we eventually need two convertible car seats anyway?

and not really a question I need an answer to but 6.) Wow. Who knew all this stuff was so much money?

Oh. You did? Well aren't you a smart cookie.

And while you're dishing out advice. Talk to me about bassinets. We don't really need one do we? What baby gear could you not live without? What would you pass on?





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...